The road to a new store.
Empire Chicken + their crowdfunding campaign.
Hey Chicken Fan!
Our new site on Lincoln Road in Addington, Chch has been in the pipeline since the first lockdown in 2020 and it has only just been granted consent and we are eager to get it started, (it only took nine and a half months to get the consent over the line).
This new offering from Empire Chicken provides our customers a larger 50 seat restaurant, an outdoor beer garden thats bookable for events, and a bunch of free carparks so there's no more driving around in circles in town. We can't wait to get things underway.
As you can imagine, the price of materials and labour has increased from the time we started the project to now. We also had national lockdowns during both summer periods over the past two years. As well as missing out on some tourism money coming into the country, during that time we had events cancelled both summers to the tune of over $200,000 in expected revenue. It's been a wild ride, and it's one we don't wish to live again if we get the choice!
In total our new Addington project will cost around $750,000 and we are short by approx $150,000 and rather than run another kickstarter or pledgeme campaign where sites will take 5-10% in commission, we put our heads together to come up with a win win solution for you and us!
Have a read below.
Here's how it will work
- You purchase yourself a voucher from our crowdfunding store below, they range from $20.00 to $2,000.
- We will then ADD 10% of the vouchers value onto the voucher when we send it out to you. ie a $50.00 voucher becomes a $55.00 voucher. Extra value for FREE.
- If you purchase a voucher over $100.00 you will also receive a LIMITED EDITION Empire Chicken Crown Key Ring, which grants the bearer 5% off FOR THE LIFE OF YOUR KEY RING. That's a pretty long time.
- You can also purchase LIMITED EDITION merchandise like Tees, Caps, Beanies, Singlets and Hoodies. That will get sent out later in the year.
- You can even buy yourself a discount keyring.
- Extra BONUS, you can use your vouchers at either Riverside or Addington Stores.
So... whats the catch?
We're raising capital by selling vouchers, we then use that capital to finish our project and get people coming through the door. In order for this to work, we will restrict the redemption of your voucher until 2 months after the Addington Store is open, and then its all go.
Naturally it will take people 2-3 months to come in and redeem their voucher which means we can absorb the cost of those coming in, by other people visiting that didn't purchase a voucher. We did the same thing with our kickstarter when we first created Empire Chicken and when we raised $15,000 to get our food truck up and running and it worked a treat.
We would love for you to have a look around the store below and help us kick our 5th year of business off in style.
Thanks for taking the time to take a look.
Can't wait to see you in store soon,
Jayden and the Empire Chicken Team.